SYRACUSE – One person suffered smoke inhalation from a duplex fire in Syracuse late Thursday morning, but refused medical treatment at the scene.

The name of the person was not released in a news release from the Turkey Creek Fire Territory Thursday afternoon.





The fire territory responded to a report of a structure fire at about 11:40 a.m. Thursday at 304 S. Syracuse Webster Road. The owners of the duplex – 302 and 304 S. Syracuse-Webster Road – are Terry Moser and Jody Moser.

At the time of the fire, the owners were inside of the structure, according to the news release.

When fire department personnel arrived at 11:42 a.m., heavy smoke was seen on all four sides of the structure, and all occupants had already exited the building, the release states.

The fire was brought under control and extinguished at 12:04 p.m. The last fire department personnel left the scene at 1:33 p.m.

The fire has been ruled accidental.

Estimated damages to the building and contents are up to $20,000. Most of the fire and smoke damage was sustained on the 302 S. Syracuse Webster Road portion of the structure.

There were no reported injuries to firefighters.

The Turkey Creek Fire Territory was assisted at the scene by North Webster Fire Department, Benton Township Fire Department, Lutheran EMS and the Syracuse Police Department.

The American Red Cross assisted the homeowners with clothing and shelter, the release states.