A firefighter douses water on a car in the garage. Photo by Gary Nieter, Times-Union.
A firefighter douses water on a car in the garage. Photo by Gary Nieter, Times-Union.
SYRACUSE – No one was injured after what is believed to be a lightning strike caused a house fire Saturday.

Milford Fire Department was called to 3468 E. CR 1300N, Syracuse, between 8:30 and 8:35 a.m. Saturday. Upon arrival to the scene, firefighters saw heavy flames from the garage, said Milford Fire Chief Virgil Sharp.

Besides the fire spreading a little to an upstairs bedroom, the fire was contained to the garage area. Sharp said the garage and its contents were a total loss, but didn’t have a dollar estimate of the damage.

There were no injuries and all the residents were outside the house when the fire department arrived. According to public records, the property is owned by Dan and Deborah Beer.

Sharp said the fire was under control in about an hour and a half.

MFD had full assists from the Syracuse, Leesburg and?New Paris fire departments.