NORTH MANCHESTER – The Manchester women's basketball team rallied from a 20-point deficit late in the third quarter to force overtime, however, the visiting Earlham Quakers were able to withstand the Spartans' late heroics for an 82-75 win in overtime in a packed Stauffer-Wolfe Arena.

Earlham's fullcourt pressure to begin Saturday's contest proved difficult to break for Manchester. The Spartans were forced into seven turnovers in the opening period and Earlham built a 17-9 lead through 10 minutes of action. The Quakers extended their advantage to as much as 16 points in the second quarter. Manchester battled back and cut Earlham's lead to 35-26 heading into halftime.

The Quakers regained control the game comfortably in the third period, buidling a 20-point lead with 1:47 left in the period. Manchester's late game heroics were setup by a 6-0 run to end the third quarter that placed the Spartans down 59-43.

The Spartans outscored Earlham 23-7 in a frenetic fourth quarter. Macy Miller accounted for 6 of MU's 10 points during a critical 10-0 flurry toward the end of regulation. Hannah Lindsey and Miller hit back-to-back 3-pointers in the final seconds of regulation to force overtime - sending a packed Stauffer-Wolfe Arena into a frenzy.

Manchester was unable to complete its comback as Earlham hit the Spartans with a 16-7 run in overtime to seize control of the game.

MU was led by Macy Miller who finished with 21 points and six rebounds. Miller shot 50% (8-16) from field-goal range and was a perfect 4-4 from the free-throw line. Haley Farris chipped in 13 points and six rebounds. Hannah Lindsey added 12 points off the bench.

As a team, the black and gold shot 45.6% (26-57) and 28.6% (6-21) from behind the arc. The Quakers ended the game shooting 47% (31-66) from inside the arc and 33.3% (3-9) from behind it.

Trinity McClendon led Earlham with 32 points on 13-27 shooting. Zoe Curtis finished with 14 and Camryn White with 10.

The Manchester women ended their season 8-17 overall and 5-13 in the HCAC. Earlham improved to 8-17 and 7-11 against HCAC teams this year.

Late Rally for Spartans Falls Short on Senior Day

NORTH MANCHESTER – The Manchester men's basketball team closed out their season this afternoon with a hard-fought loss to Earlham College. The visiting Quakers took Saturday's finale by a final score of 73-66.

Earlham jumped on the Spartans early in Saturday's game and built a lead as large as 15 points in the first half.  Manchster battled back before the halftime break, outscoring Earlham 13-7 to end the period.

The Spartans edged their way back into Saturday's contest following halftime. Manchester hit the Quakers with a 7-0 run to open the second half. Earlham answered back with an 8-0 run of their own, but Manchester continued to chip away at the lead.

In the final four minutes of play, Manchester wrestled a two-point lead from Earlham on an Abdul Ogunnaike  triple. Earlham responded one again scoring six-straight points over the next two minues. The Quakers sealed the game with six free throws in the final minute of action.

Senior Keiton Hall led the Spartans with 18 points off of 6-of-11 from the field and a game-high six 3-pointers. Abdul Ogunnaike ended with a double-double, scoring 10 points and grabbing a career-high 13 rebounds. Ogunnaike ended his Black and Gold career with thre triple doubles. Jalen Owens chipped in 10 points.

Manchester finished 39.7% (23-58) from field-goal range and 33.3% (9-27) from deep.

Four Quakers ended in double digits in scoring, led by Blake Bonin with 19 points in 38 minutes. Jamel Barnes Jr. finished with 18 of his own. Earlham shot 42.9 (24-56) from inside the arc and 35.3 (6-17) from outside.

Manchester ended its season 8-17 overall and 6-12 in HCAC play. Earlham ended its season at 10-15, 6-12 HCAC.