LARWILL – Larwill received a Community Crossings matching grant from Indiana Department of Transportation of nearly $130,000.

Main Street in Larwill is getting resurfaced and American Disability Act compliant sidewalks in the next few months through the Next Level Roads: Community Crossing Initiative, according to a news release from the Whitley County Economic Development Corp.

The long-term Next Level Roads plan allows cities, towns and counties in Indiana to improve existing roads and bridges. The grant is a 75/25 percent matching grant for construction costs, meaning Larwill will pay 25% of the cost and will receive funding for the remaining 75%.

“This matching grant allows communities, towns, cities and counties to do more to improve the condition of roads and bridges,” said Lana Beregszazi, president of BCS Management. “The town will be reimbursed once the state has a certification of completion.”

A partnership between the Community Crossing Initiative and the town of Larwill means Larwill residents will see their tax dollars matched 3 to 1 by the state to improve the streets in town.

“Projects like this are crucial for the quality of life for residents and economic futures for communities like Larwill,” said Jon Myers, Whitley County Economic Development president. “I applaud Larwill and BCS Management for their work to improve the town and bring investment into the local community.”

Larwill recently resurfaced Hammontree Street with the same funding and improved the storm drain system while completing the road resurfacing project.

The Main Street project is projected to start within the next couple of months, weather depending.